In life, and especially if you are a guy, it is important for you to have general purpose tools. These can be used for minor repairs around the home, office, or garage. There are many different types of general purpose tools, ranging from wrenches to screwdrivers.
It all depends on what you intend to use them for. We all own electronics nowadays and we, naturally want to be able to fix any electrical troubles around the home. A socket on the wall could be loose, and that is something that you could easily tighten on your own.
In such a case, it would be important for you to have a set of screw drivers around the house. On the other hand, your truck might develop a mechanical problem that you could easily fix with the right equipment, such as a wrench. Having these general-purpose tools around is pretty handy. You could carry them in your vehicle or any other place where they could come in handy when the need arises.
There are so many brands on offer out there on the market. It all depends on what you need, the quality that you want, and the amount of money that you are willing to spend on the tools. Remember, good quality does not come cheap, although there are also some inexpensive products that are very handy but do not last.
To get the job done right, you need to get the right tools. You are probably reading this article because you are looking for the right tools for your job. In this article, we are going to look at the JEGS Performance Products W1801 123-piece Mechanics Tool Kit.
This mechanics kit consists of high quality tools that range from wrenches to screwdrivers. They come in different sizes and come in a fitting kit where they are stored. The screwdrivers can be used to screw or unscrew screws, while the wrenches can be used to loosen or tighten bolts.
The JEGS Performance Products W1801 123- Piece Mechanics Tool Kit consists of 123 pieces which include wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers and sockets. This set can be used to do a whole range of things, from electrical to mechanical repairs. That is one of the things that gives it an advantage over many other sets. Many of the other kits will only either contain wrenches alone, sockets alone, or only screwdrivers.
- 1 pc, 3/8” drive ratchet
- 1 pc, 3/8” drive extension bar
- 1 pc, 3/8” female to ¼” male reducing adapter
- 18 pcs, ¼” drive 6-point sockets
- SAE (Inch): 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, ¼, 9/32, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16
- Metric (mm): 4.5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- 12 pcs, 3/8” 12 point sockets
- SAE (Inch): 3/8, 7/16, ½, 9/16, 5/8, ¾
- Metric (mm): 10, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19
- 10 pcs, combination wrenches
- SAE (Inches): 3/8, 7/16, ½, 9/16, 5/8
- Metric (mm): 10, 11, 12, 14, 15
- 40 pcs, ¼ Drive 25mm Cr-V Bits
- Phillips: #0 (2), #1 (3), #2 (3), #3 (3)
- Tor: T10, T15, T20, T25, T27, T30, T40
- Hex SAE: 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, ¼
- Hex Metric: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Square: S1, S2, S3
- Slotted: 1/8 (2), 5/32, 3/16 (2), ¼ (2)
- 2 pcs, ¼” square drive adapters
- 4 pcs, bit storage boots
- 1 pc, ratcheting bit driver
- 16 pcs, hex keys
- SAE (Inch): 1/16, 5/64, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, ¼
- Metric (mm): 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 5.5, 6
- 2 pcs, hex key wrench holders
- 1 pc, 6” diagonal pliers
- 1 pc, 6” long nose pliers
- 4 pcs, 4-in-1 screwdriver with 2 bits
- 1 pc, 8” adjustable wrench
- 5 pcs, precision screwdrivers: 1.6mm x 2 Inches, 2.4mm x 2 Inches, #00 x 2 Inches, #0 x 2 Inches, #1 x 2” Phillips
- 1 pc, storage case
- Adapters included
- Good value for money
- Contains a variety of tools
The tools are not very long lasting, but you get what you paid for
This mechanical kit is a good buy for doing simple repairs. It contains an assortment of tools that can get most of your repairs done. JEGS Performance Products W1801 123- Piece Mechanics Tool Kit is relatively inexpensive, and so do not expect it to last as long as premium products do.